Therefore encourage one another and edify one another, just as you are doing. 1 Thessalonians 5:11

Saturday, September 1, 2012

September (SIS) Sister in The Spotlight: Deaquelynn Williams


Deaquelynn Williams

 

 
Deaquelynn Williams is a humanitarian, life coach, author, Bible teacher, inspirational speaker and a social entrepreneur. In addition to founding Quelynn, Inc. she is also founder and executive director of A Light in the Dark Outreach, an organization that provides resources and programs for the homeless and youth.
Besides being a vision and life coach, Deaquelynn also loves teaching teen girls through her program mPOWERd 4 LIFE Girls Network; where she facilitates free monthly intensives for girls of all ages teaching social manners, etiquette, and abstinence with a focus on esteem-building workshops and performing arts.
In addition to serving her community through her organizations, Deaquelynn has served as focus group facilitator for the Sickle Cell Clinic Transition Group at Grady Memorial Hospital in Atlanta, Georgia. She is the co-founder of Talitha Cumi Mentoring Program for girls; and currently she facilitates empowerment sessions at various shelters in the Greater Birmingham, Alabama Community.
·      
     Please share with us when and why you decided to begin Quelynn, Inc.

Quelynn, Inc. in the business/ministry that God gave me in 2005 after I prayed and asked Him for a business that would serve Him and allow me to generate an income. Through Quelynn, Inc., I have been blessed to help women all over the world to grow in their relationship with God, build what I like to call “GODfidence”, start their own businesses, and even become women of virtue as prescribed in Proverbs 31.

I decided to start Quelynn, Inc. after I wrote a booklet entitled, “The Meeting of Success” teaching seven keys to obtaining success from defining one’s personal definition of success to writing their vision and implementing strategies and action steps to their journey of success.
·         
     What is the Mission of your ministry?

The mission of Quelynn, Inc. is to catapult women to their wealthy place through spiritual empowerment, vision development and personal enhancement coaching and training that builds their confidence, ignites their passion and defines their purpose.
·         
     In the beginning, was it a difficult for you sharing your personal testimonies or translating your thoughts in an open forum? If so, how did you overcome?

Yes, it was extremely difficult. I recall the Lord telling me to share my first personal testimony of overcoming a bitter divorce at a women’s conference I hosted in 2003. I begged God not to put that burden on me, but eventually I obeyed. When I shared that testimony I literally cried from beginning to end. It was a struggle to be so open and raw about my personal experience. However, it was through my obedience, that God set me free from being ashamed of my past and my testimonies. Although I was free of the shame, it was still difficult to speak of at first but the more I shared the easier it became and now I’m able to share with ease knowing that my story helps others to overcome.
·         
      Tell us a little more about mPOWERd 4 LIFE Girls Network Ministry.

mPOWERd 4 LIFE GirlsNetwork was birth out of my desire to help young ladies not to go down the same path I chose of promiscuity. It started hosting girl conferences, retreats, monthly sessions to now having virtual internet classes. Through mPOWERd 4 LIFE I teach young ladies to value their virtue while incorporating life skills, esteem building, and even abstinence.
·         
      Is there anything else you would like to say to the readers?

Yes. Don’t look to media and the images they portray as women as the standard because it’s not. As women of God (of all ages) remember above all that you represent your Heavenly Father in all aspects of your life from your inner beauty to your outer appearance and how you interact with others. Always be mindful of this and present yourself accordingly. Remember, as daughters of the Most High God, we are supposed to be world transformers and not world conformers. Regardless of what images are be portrayed on television, we have to choose to be better.
·       
     Before we close, will you share with us your favorite scripture?

The very first Scripture that ministered to my heart and changed my life was Matthew 5:16 which says, “Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father which is in Heaven.” From that, my prayer has always been, “Lord, let me be a light so that You may be glorified through my life.”

To find more information regarding either ministry or to connect with Deaquelynn Williams, visit her websites below.

Quelynn.Inc.

mPOWERd 4 LIFE Girls Network

Thank you so much Deaquelynn for sharing with us. May the Lord bless you above and beyond what you ask, think or imagine.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment