Therefore encourage one another and edify one another, just as you are doing. 1 Thessalonians 5:11

Friday, December 20, 2013

Beauty

Beauty: Is it defined by the curve of my lips, the length of my hair, the way my eyes twinkle when I laugh, or is it the way I dress? Is it the way I stand? The thickness of my thighs? The round plumpness about my chest?

Beauty.

I am not defined by neither the materialistic things of this world or the structure of my body. I stand tall and firm, but not by the way the world defines. I stand tall and firm on His word. That is my true beauty. Beauty does not define how I look from the outside. I know that physical beauty does not last. My beauty is the things that dwell within. The strength that I gained from the pain I endured. The scars from my battle wounds that show me that I am victorious. The strength of my spirit that once was fragile. The wisdom and knowledge that I have attained from the tests that I have passed. The selflessness that I have that I would rather help someone other than myself. The prayers that I make that aren't about helping me become more pleasing to man, but to God. The beauty that goes more than skin deep that is shown not through physical features but can be seen with the naked eye. We must realize that we are more than what meets the eye. We are more than physical and material things. We are created in His image. God has instilled more in us than what is outside of us. Let your beauty shine and speak for itself. For you are beautiful.

Do not let your adornment be merely outward—arranging the hair, wearing gold, or putting on fine apparel—  rather let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God. 1 Peter 3:3-4

But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not look at his appearance or at his physical stature, because I have refused him. For the Lord does not see as man sees; for man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.” 1 Samuel 16:7

No comments:

Post a Comment