Therefore encourage one another and edify one another, just as you are doing. 1 Thessalonians 5:11

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Baby Steps, It's Ok!



Good Morning Sisters Of  Honor,


I greet you with the love and the spirit of Christ. Grace be unto you. I remember my 1st day at the gym and seeing women who where working the stair stepping machines like it was nobody's business. I thought to myself on my first day, hmmm I am about to get it in! I am going to show all of these women up and I stepped onto the machine not accounting that intensity. One of the sisters said "Perhaps, you may want to start on the treadmill since you are new" I was a little prideful and responded "I will start right here!" Now, I took a prideful approach not to adhere the advice of the season veterans and took it upon myself to get on the machine anyway!


Not even 60 seconds on it, I begin to get dizzy, tired, and the machine was readiing my pulse and warning me that my heart rate was way to high. Although in pain I didn't want to prove the woman right, that I was not conditioned for that machine at that particular time. I ended up hitting the emergency stop button and then running to the bathroom where I mentally battered myself. I thought, those women are way bigger that I am (I know wrong way to think) so why on Earth are they able to handle that machine with way more body mass than I? (How many times have you done that dagg-on near killed yourself, your spirit, and confidence trying to walk someone else's pace?) Lawd help us!

That day the Holy Spirit ministered to me. "Armetria, respect your proccess!" I called my dad who is a Personal Trainer and ask him to train me and he broke it down. "Armetria start with the treadmill do 45min a day for two weeks! To condition your body! Although you are small you are out of shape! Once you are conditioned I will train you" Ok, the truth hurt but the truth would also save my life and prepare me for the next step in becoming healthy. After two weeks of conditioning I revisited the slippery slopes (the machine that I was not able to handle before) I still was not able to withstand it for a long period of time at first but I would attempt it everyday showing up doing what I could do with greater frequency! Now I have become a master at it and I can keep up with the other ladies (although that doesn't matter now).

All that to say, so what if you take baby steps towards your goals.... you still make it to your goal. The baby steps condition you to execute the greater intentions in your life. Like the Spirit of God said to me "Respect your proccess" I didn't understand it then but I understand it now. So it really doesn't matter to me whether I walk to loose the weight or run I am still accomplishing what I had set out to do. Taking baby steps is not a bad thing acutually if you are willing to change your thought proccess in respect to that. You t can view taking babysteps  as an excuse for Daddy to hold your hand a little longer.

Your baby steps are just a conditioning period for a greater intention! Respect your proccess!

Take note, the blessing of my dad becoming my trainer wasn't unlocked until I finished my babstep (conditioning period) So, ask yourself what blessings will unlock for me if I am willing to slow down, allow God's grace to cover me while I crush my pride and go through the  conditioning proccess? I could only imagine!!! 

“When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don't adjust the goals, adjust the action steps.”~Confucious
Love you all!

Virtuously Yours,


Armetria M Charles

No comments:

Post a Comment