I will be sharing with you my review on the Everyday Matters Bible for Women New Living Translation (NLT)
I know you're probably wondering how someone can review a bible. Well, I'm not reviewing God's word because we all know that can NEVER happen. I will be reviewing the other aspects of the bible itself.
I was so excited for the opportunity to be reviewing the bible that I was watching the mail very carefully. Some might have considered it stalking. I was just anxiously waiting for its arrival. I mean seriously! Look at the photo. I was curious to see how the bible looked in person. You know how it is when you see a picture of something and are expecting one thing and end up with a big disappointment.
Once, I finally received my package I could not wait to get inside. As soon as I opened the box, I immediately began smiling. It was so pretty and the colors were so vibrant. You don't even have to worry about losing your place while reading because there is a red ribbon attached.
• . Two-page articles introduce major themes and focus on an essential part of understanding and practicing a discipline.
• . Profiles of twenty-five Biblical women highlight a particular discipline.
• . Short articles delve into a difficult aspect of the spiritual practice and offer practical help on incorporating the discipline into your daily life.
• . Selections illustrate ways to personalize and apply God’s Word to your own situation.
More than 300 articles and features by more than 140 of today’s most well-known Christian leaders and writers, including: Kay Warren, Priscilla Shirer, Elisa Morgan, Nancy & John Ortberg, Richard Foster, Liz Curtis Higgs, and Lauren Winner.
• 4-color throughout
• Color-coded icons identify each Spiritual Discipline addressed in contributors’ material
• How to Use This Bible in a Small Group Study
• Index of Spiritual Practices
• Resources for further reading
There were a few things I was not to pleased with but they did not take away from the bible itself.
- No Concordance.
- Pages are extremely thin.
- The names of the books are written big and bold on the Introduction and first page but are written lengthwise in light colored ink making it difficult to locate the correct books.
Disclosure: I received a free copy of this book/Ebook/Product to review. I was not required to write a positive review nor was I compensated in any other way. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the FTC Regulations. I am part of The CWA Review Crew.